Required qualifications, experience and expertise
- Bachelor degree in Geoscience or Engineering.
- 20 years’ work experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with at least 15 years of experience conducting geophysical studies/operations.
- Specialist knowledge of land seismic acquisition and processing.
- Experience with VSP acquisition and processing.
- Understanding of current land and marine seismic processing algorithms, time and depth imaging, seismic inversion and amplitude/AVO analysis techniques.
- Experience in carbonate reservoirs.
- Proficient in use of current geophysical software applications (e.g., Landmark SeisSpace, Well Seismic Fusion, DecisionSpace, Geoprobe, Hampson Russell, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills and customer focus.
- A highly motivated team player with the ability to work efficiently within multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Must have experience mentoring less experienced staff.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, contractors and management
- A willingness to maintain core skills as well as developing new areas of expertise.