Required qualifications, experience and expertise:
Within the position the successful candidate will be required to competently perform the following tasks:
- Act as a focal point and provide technical & data management assistance to the G&G users community.
- Expert in undertaking Data Management activities involving Landmark’s OpenWorks Database management and maintenance.
- Expert in undertaking Seismic Data Management activities which involves data clean-up, data mining from various sources, identifying duplications, data cleansing, 2D/3D Navigation & Seismic data loading, Data rectification, manipulation of navigation and trace data and loading into OpenWorks & Petrel.
- Well Data Management (Well headers, deviation, markers, log curves etc.) gathering, analyzing and loading of Well data types into OpenWorks/Petrel.
- Perform high standards of quality control checks for all G&G data types including pre & post data loading into applications & software.
- Standardize naming conventions for Seismic, Horizons, Faults, Tops, Wells etc. in OpenWorks database and making sure the nomenclature is synchronized in other G&G applications.
- G&G data import and export from Landmark to Schlumberger applications and vice versa.
- Improve Data Management standards and procedures with new & innovative workflows.
- Advance knowledge of Petrel data management and transfer between Reference & Working projects.
- Intelligent in finding workarounds to rectify data related issues.
- Create detailed workflow / reports (incl. CRS info, data format for all data types) for all areas
- Organize electronic & physical data as per QP standard
- Share best practices and knowledge sharing with UI staff
- Help establish a database environment and system for all current and future UI activities
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to accomplish tasks – IT and UXI
- Provide application support for Landmark and Petrel applications as required.
- B.Sc. is required in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.