Required qualifications, experience and expertise:
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in the oil and gas industry, with at least 10 years of experience in petrophysical studies/operations. Must have a thorough understanding of open hole, cased hole, production logging tools, and integrated production logging in horizontal wells.
- Experience in carbonate reservoirs.
- Experience in core analysis techniques.
- Experience in statistical and pattern recognition techniques (Neural networks, fuzzy logic, and multidimensional histograms) techniques.
- Must have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Experience working in integrated asset team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
- Must have experience mentoring less experienced staff.
- Must have experience/knowledge of current computer software for petrophysical applications.
- B.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Geology is required. Experience in horizontal well technology and geo-steering.
Preferable experience and expertise:
- Preferably holder of M.Sc. or PhD degree.
- Knowledge of geostatistics and assist geoscientists in building 3D geological and property models (deterministic and stochastic).
- Experience in working with QP standard Petrophysical Software:
- Geoframe (Elan +, FMI, CMR)
- Petroworks – Openworks – Zmap+
- Petrel - RMS