Required qualifications, experience and expertise:
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of work experience as Geophysicist or as a seismic interpreter. Must have undertaken field and reservoir studies and be able to integrate geologic, well, and geophysical data.
- Must have worked on mature producing fields where the integration of production data has been used to constrain their maps and interpretations.
- Must have experience in geophysical risk analysis for proposed well locations.
- Must have carbonate reservoir experience and use seismic stratigraphy concepts in project work
- Must be highly knowledgeable in all aspects of surface seismic acquisition and processing.
- Must have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
- Must have experience mentoring less experienced geoscientists.
- Must have experience/knowledge of current computer software for geophysical applications.
- B.Sc. in Geology or Geophysics is required.
Preferable experience and expertise:
- Experience at project specification, bidding, and execution in surface seismic and VSP acquisition, processing, and interpretation.
- Working knowledge of seismic attribute analysis to model rock properties, sedimentary faces and depositional architecture.
- Experience in applying structural geology concepts and methods to assess compartmentalization/communication due to faulting and fracturing.
- In -depth knowledge of fault and fracture detection, and to have worked with modelers to incorporate interpretations into 3D geologic models.
- General understanding of the major elements of reservoir engineering, like the interpretation of well tests and tracer data.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree.
- Experience in working with standard production geosciences software:
- Interpretation, mapping, visualization: Petrel and R5000
- Database: R5000