Required qualifications, experience and expertise:
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in reservoir engineering activities emphasizing large carbonate reservoirs.
- Significant experience working on mature oil fields under water flood.
- Strong background in reservoir surveillance and optimization.
- Experience in reservoir fluid sampling, fluid property modelling, routine and special core analysis.
- Strong background in well test interpretation, material balance modelling and performance modelling of vertical and horizontal wells.
- Experience in reserves evaluation, classification, and booking.
- Must have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
- Must have experience mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Must have experience/knowledge of current computer software for reservoir engineering applications.
- B.Sc. is required in Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
Preferable experience and expertise:
- Experience in numerical reservoir simulation in using of Eclipse100 and 300 in particular, history matching and field development.
- Experience in EOR techniques such as miscible/ immiscible and CO2 injection.
- Experience in applying reservoir knowledge and skills to assess field compartmentalization issues and problems.
- Experience working knowledge of gas condensate reservoir as well as gas field development experience.
- Desirable to have knowledge of geo-statistics, integrated reservoir characterization, fault and fracture studies as well as risk assessment/management.
- Experience in static reservoir modelling and description.
- Experience in working with standard reservoir engineering software:
- Simulation – Eclipse 100 and 300 in particular and other software related to the Eclipse suite of programs.
- Fluid property modelling – PVTi.
- Material balance – MBAL.
- Well test interpretation – SAPHIR.
- Reservoir surveillance – OFM.
- Well performance modelling – Prosper.