Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head of Section within the area that has been defined.
- Assist in planning and organizing the activities of the Section for the most efficient utilization of available staff of the Company and external Contractors and to ensure the quality of work is maintained and improved.
- Arrange for physical random and periodical inspections of all facilities, structures and equipment, accordingly assess the condition of all plant, recommend repair or replacement where necessary and specify inspection method(s) and frequency(ies) appropriate to the condition of the equipment.
- Investigate failures of plant facilities and equipment to identify causes and raise recommendations with the objective of preventing reoccurrence.
- Assist the inspectors in writing technical reports and failure analysis reports.
- Ordering required NDT material and Condition Monitoring Equipment.
- To coordinate closely with staff engineers of other sections to ensure that both maintenance and project work is carefully integrated into the on-going maintenance and production operations, especially during periods of plant shutdowns.
- Participate and render technical inputs for effective implementation of plant modification proposals.
- Organize updating, distribution and filing of the inspection documentation and establish computer based information systems linked with Company CMMS.
- Evaluate and approve inspection reports and report all abnormal findings to head of section.
- Keep in touch with various outside agencies in the field of NDT and welding and organize specialized inspections as and when required.
- Assists Project section on needed basis regarding approval of vendor documents for new equipment.
- Participate in technical discussion to arrive at consensus with other sections for the effective implementation of inspection recommendations for the safe operation of the plant
- Maintains RC awareness consistent with plant and corporate standards.
Physical effort and Work conditions
Time is split between office and plants.
Contacts and Work Relations
As Plant Inspection Engineer, the main contact will be with the Head of Technical Services. Frequent contact with other supervisors and other staff engineers in Maintenance and Production Department of QVC, to discuss and schedule the inspection activities .
The position will have extensive external contact to contractors, suppliers and other companies within QP.
Qualifications, minimum requirements
- Higher technical education, minimum Bachelor degree, in Mechanical Engineering/metallurgy plus additional courses in NDT,corrosion, welding and condition monitoring. API-510 Pressure Vessel Inspector, API-570 Piping Inspector or API-653 Tank Inspector certification. Familiarity with: TEMA, ASME, API, ASTM and AISI codes; understanding of the basic principles of corrosion, metallurgy and materials of construction, welding procedures; refractory selection and application procedures.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience in chemical / petrochemical installations including at least 5 years experience in senior level, supervising inspectors.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.