Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the activities of the Planner(s) and / or any other assigned personnel as required within Planning Section. Exercises financial authority at the level established by the position. Participates at the required level in the ongoing training and development of Qatari employees.
- Oversees the input of all data. Includes, work orders / requests; planned maintenance work; and maintenance requirements for all equipment installed at different locations. Ensures receive of equipment technical data from Maintenance Engineers and other related Departments for all equipment installed or removed during shutdowns or normal operations. Coordinate and ensure availability and update of all equipment maintenance routine tasks requirements .
- Provides the Head of Technical Services with daily information pertaining to the section activities, and undertakes tasks as designated by him. Reviews Monthly CMMS Reports and all existing reports, graphs, etc. with the aim of continual improvement of running activities.
- Assist and guide the Planner (s) to produce all routine and shutdown Planning documentation. Analyze shutdown reports for improvement. Co-ordinates with the System Analyst to complete the development and expansion of the menu-driven CMMS to all locations. Ensure that CMMS update and interface requirement is always available.
- Review and supply Discipline Engineers within the Department with future work report related to equipment data and other associated reports. Reviews activity plans provided by other Divisions and advise Discipline Engineer of apparent omissions or discrepancies.
- Reviews and changes planning processes and procedures as required by the change in requirement of the plant i.e. from project phase to maintenance phase and realigning of planning business processes during maintenance phase.
- Reviews the overall efficiency, development and operation of the Computerised Maintenance Management and Information Systems. Includes, identifying and proposing system enhancements; proposing layout of new reports; proposing hardware and operating parameters; recommending future requirements and applications.
- Acts as custodian for the IMMPOWER CMMS. This means system and user support functions e.g. testing and implementing of new or changed programs, administering system security, ensuring user profiles are current and correct.
- Assists and guides users in business process development and use. E.g. audits and advises QVC personnel on how to use IMMPOWER CMMS functionality in the most effective manner to get work done without making system and transactions difficult.
- Monitors and produce regular reports for non-available equipment/spares/CMMS routine tasks.
- Determines overall priorities for System Management and data input and output and notify Information System (I.S.) Section accordingly. Ensures work is undertaken in accordance with priorities set. Includes reviewing and approving archiving plans and procedures.
- Liaise with I. S. for necessary software and hardware system support.
- Reviews all documentation updates related to systems applications including User Guides and Supervisor's User Guide.
- Prepares well in advance the Department shutdown plan activities highlighting all resources required (manpower and materials) in coordination with all concerned Section Heads and Engineers.
- Ensures availability and updated database of maintenance routine tasks for all equipment installed at all locations including availability of updated Spare Part Database.
- Sc. in Engineering discipline with post graduate diploma in Computer Applications.
- At least 10 years maintenance experience within a similar petrochemical environment with at least 4years experience in the operation of a computerized Maintenance Management System.
Contacts, Relations and Environment
Frequent contacts with Maintenance Planner(s), Engineers, Inspection Engineers and Operations personnel at a senior level, to review work programs and to identify potential problems. Routine contacts with IT / IS departments and software companies to arrange for equipment maintenance or software development work.