Minimum Education Qualification:
- Attend to all welding work for equipment’s & parts under breakdowns, planned maintenance work with minimum direction and supervision.
- Technically assess the requirement of allocated jobs and select the necessary tools and equipment to complete such work.
- Ability to request for the spare parts & consumable materials from warehouse and maintains records of all welding work completed.
- Ensure that all welding work is carried out in accordance with the safety procedures and plant operational requirements.
- Monitor any repeated welding failures and takes proper action & precaution to resolve the problem.
- Provide on the job training to new welder in order to equip them with the necessary skills to be able to carry out maintenance repair work as planned.
- Effectively be able to welding, gauging & other related tasks, find fault, diagnose failure, repair and test for workshop & auxiliary areas.
Minimum Required Skill, Experience and Training:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience for diploma in mechanical
- Minimum 8 years’ experience for technical / mechanical high school
- Reading, writing & speaking English is must.
- Under Directions perform skilled welding in the repair, modification and fabrication equipment and facilities, makes minor mechanical repairs on a variety of welding equipment and performs related duty required.
- Must be familiar with all types of welding machine, welding related and tools and equipment.