- To performs routine, corrective and preventive maintenance of plant equipments as per the direction of Electrical Supervisor. Diagnoses cause of electrical malfunction or failure of operational equipment such as transformers, motors, relays, switches and control and monitoring devices and takes corrective measures in collaboration with Electrical Engineer / Supervisor.
- To read electrical schematics and logic & control drawings and trouble shoot problems of control circuits and PLCs.
- To carry out wiring work and connect cables and wires between machines and equipments. Also to replaces faulty wiring and electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, motor bearings and position sensing devices.
- To apply electrical craft, techniques, processes and principles and be responsible for all necessary preparation required to carry out electrical maintenance to equipments/area assigned to him.
- To align, adjust and calibrate equipments according to specifications and to maintain records of repairs, calibrations and tests.
- To report to his Forman for spare parts and consumables in his area to update spares availability to cope up with the maintenance requirements.
- To confirm all safety and proper isolation is carried out to repair the equipment under maintenance with coordination with his Forman and local operator.
- To read and understand technical manuals, wiring diagrams and system piping & instrumentation diagrams and apply the knowledge to carry out maintenance and troubleshooting tasks.
- To carry out any other duty assigned to him by the management from time to time.
- Follow standard procedures.
- Use proper PPEs and implement prescribed risk controls.
- Report deviations in Quality, Health and safety management system.
- Report emergencies and near misses.
- Ensure proper waste disposal measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Desired: Associate’s Diploma(3 years DAE in Electrical )
- Preferred: 3 years related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum Experience: 5 years of related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required Skills: 1. Generic awareness of Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environment Management system principles 2. Knowledge of identification, classification and disposal of waste 3. Knowledge of Emission Monitoring 4. Knowledge of environmental and health impact of chemicals being used in the plant 5. Knowledge of firefighting equipment 6. Knowledge of PPE and safety equipment 7. Knowledge of First aid measures 8. Be able to execute the maintenance activities with high performance. 9. Good communication skills in English Language. 10. Hazard Risk assessment 11. Aspect Impact assessment
- Desired certification / Job specific skill / Training: ISO9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001 awareness/working knowledge is preferred