The role holders will have responsibility for operating and monitoring field equipment, in all field areas of the Ammonia plant to assist in achieving effective optimum operational status. They are deployed in the field on a shift basis, and they have an emergency response role and must ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with QAFCO Integrated Management Systems procedures. They have authority to make field related emergency decisions as per equipment operating procedure and handling of emergencies, and in normal plant situations, in consultation with Panel operator and Shift Supervisor.
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Operate field equipment in accordance with operating procedures and approved safety and environment procedures to ensure effective and optimum operational status of equipment. Make decisions to stop/start equipment based on experience and abnormal situations.
- Monitor and log all operating parameters to ensure operations are within normal limits that all irregularities are reported to panel operator for advice and/or Shift Supervisor for solution.
- Participate in one relevant off the job training course prescribed by QAFCO or have equivalent education and experience to enhance the knowledge and understanding of the plant, shift supervisor can assign them as and when required.
- Develop an understanding of all operational procedures and practices through on-the-job training to ensure readiness and capability to effectively operation of all field areas of the plant.
- Provide immediate first-line response capability in the event of emergencies or major incidents in order to eliminate or limit potential loss or damage to QAFCO personnel, assets and the environment. Make appropriate decisions considering the situation.
- Perform and provide the necessary assistant on-the-job training of new and trainee operators to ensure they develop the necessary skills to independently operate the allocated areas of the plant.
- Perform and adhere to housekeeping procedure to maintain a safe, clean and neat work environment.
- Minimum of High School + 2 years Diploma in relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience working in Fertilizer, Petrochemical, Chemical, or Oil &Gas Industry.
- Understand the process operations of natural gas compressor with steam turbine; process operations of CO2 removal unit; process operations of ammonia synthesis loop and ammonia recovery; process operations of desulphurization unit; process operations of H2S removal unit; process operations of process air compressor with power turbine; process operations of steam reforming; steam turbines and auxiliaries and isolation procedure; process operations of synthesis gas compressor with steam turbine;
- Understand the purpose of closed cooling water. Know the function of the nitrogen plant and liquid nitrogen storage.
- Know how the boiler feed water system operates; methanator operations; boiler feed water systems operations, desalination operations; return condensate system operations.
- Know how to control an emergency or critical situation, prepare shut down and start up process systems in a safe and controlled manner protecting personnel from injury and plant or equipment from damage.
- Know how to read diagrams and extract information from engineering drawings and specifications.
- Know how to use the full complement of firefighting equipment and understand the Permit to Work (PTW) system.