The role holders will perform Non-Destructive Examination including all advanced techniques (ET, IRIS, Thermography, PMI, RT Film interpretation) and other inspection related activities as per international codes and standards in order to identify any abnormalities if present in an equipment / item or part of and report the same to the superiors for further evaluation. They should assist the Lead Plant Inspector in report generation, work-order time entry and work order closing. Their responsibilities also include:
- Should supervise contractor NDT technicians to carryout inspection activities and are accountable for the timely completion, quality assurance of NDT work carried out by them.
- They should be able to carry out at least one of the following I&MT tasks: Stores Incoming material, inspection, lifting equipment Inspection, Metallography sample preparation and expertise in one of the advanced NDT.
- They must ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with QAFCO Occupational Health, Quality, Safety and Environment procedures.Responsible for effective implementation of all required clauses of ISO 17020 in his area of responsibility.
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Carry out the assigned Non - Destructive Testing activities including all advanced techniques (ET, IRIS,Thermography, PMI, RT Film interpretation) independently to ensure work is completed on time and to the required quality standards.
- Supervise contractor NDT technicians to carry out various inspection activities during on-line and shut-down inspection activities.
- Provide advice on completion of work by completing standard reports / work sheets in order that superior is able to effectively monitor overall work progress against plans.
- Should be able to carry out at least one of the following Inspection activities. Stores Incoming material
inspection, Lifting equipment Inspection and Metallography sample preparation.
- Apply technical expertise in resolving problems referred by NDT technicians and escalate those beyond own capability.
- Maintain inspection activity records and update online systems to ensure that activities are reported, and online data is up to date. Make sure that all the approved report hard copies are properly filed.
- They should assist the Lead Plant Inspector in report generation, work-order time entry and work order closing.
- Carry out house-keeping activities to ensure workplace is clean, tidy and safe
- Initiate and gain approval for work permits in order to facilitate the execution of assigned tasks in compliance with safety and environmental system.
- Identify problems and report findings on the status of equipment in regard to safety and service reliability in order to avert possible malfunction of equipment.
- Ensure tools, equipment, consumables, and spares are available and that they are used in the proper manner.
That they are well maintained in order to preserve asset value and prolong life span.
- Participate in the on-the-job training of new and trainee / Hired technicians to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary skills to independently perform inspection tasks.
- Responsible for effective implementation of all required clauses of ISO 17020 in his area of responsibility.
- Diploma in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering and have special training in basic NDT techniques, holding official certificates in UT and RT, ASNT level II.
- A minimum of 7 years direct and relevant experience from a large chemical plant, preferably Ammonia and Urea fertilizer plant.
- Capable of reading P & ID’s and isometric drawings
- Know the different levels of nondestructive testing (NDT) and certification.
- Know radioactive elements and the hazard they cause to human beings; the processes for radiography testing (RT), Know different processes of infrared thermography testing (IRTT); Know the processes for magnetic particle testing (MPT); Know different processes for ultrasonic testing (UT), Know the process for liquid
penetrant testing (LPT); Know different inspection techniques for pipelines and their coating; Know how to use visual testing tools to look for defects; Know various inspection techniques;
- Know the requirements of welding inspection, internationally recognized welding certifying authorities and