Role holders perform routine activities and supervision according to the schedules, and non-routine work on request from Safety Specialist. They have a role also in coordinating the safety aspects in plants as well as being
the focal point for customers and the Supervisor. In addition, they shall participate in all QAFCO Projects execution to ensure safe execution, also participate in the Accident / incident investigation to ensure safety of QAFCO’smanpower & Properties and verifying OHS compliance on site. They have to encourage QAFCO Staff and contractors to establish an interdependent safety culture.
- Communicate with customer and Supervisor in order to advise on use of protective equipment, apply safety instructions, procedures and solve any difficulties related to safe working conditions/acts.
- Participate in incident investigation, collect findings, facts & propose, and follow the implementation of the corrective measures.
- Identify hazards through safety tour, safety walk and risk assessment and evaluate the possible corrective measure with other trades.
- Ensure the display of proper information/warning signs, protecting equipment and devices on site
- Participate in Job Safety Analysis (JSA) as an Active Member.
- Write reports on inspections, findings, and functions of safety, fire equipment and facilities and come up with proposals and suggestions for improvement.
- Follow up proper housekeeping in the area of responsibility and ensure the integrity of all access & escape routes in plants, stores & buildings.
- To ensure Safety related aspects during Major/Unplanned Shutdown and impart Expert Advice to Management by participating S/D Meetings.
- Conduct Various Safety Campaigns to address Safety Issues effectively.
- Prepare Safety Moments.
- Safety Presentation Accountability description.
- To carry out detailed Analyses of Accidents and Make Findings/Recommendations & Conclusion for effective Reduction & Control of Accidents.
- To deliver Presentation regarding Safety Issues in Trade Meeting to improve Safety Performance.
- Timely and correct reporting of findings, abnormalities during the daily tour in plants, storage areas,workshops, and contractors’ activities.
- Undertake timely the allocation and suitability of safety devices/showers and other emergency preparedness according to instructions/procedures in order to ensure integrity of its function
- Follow up of Safety Walk for plants & buildings and Corrective actions of safety findings.
- Verify evidence for closure of incident actions at site.
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or engineering.
- 10 years proven successful relevant experience in similar role within the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry.
- Post Diploma in Industrial Safety or NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety