The role holders provide support to their groups and perform procurement of low to non-critical goods and services. They develop understanding and demonstrate application of QAFCO’s existing procurement policy and procedures. Confidentiality and impartiality are important aspects of this role so is the concern for quality, timely supply and cost effectiveness of procured material / services.
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Handle the complete procurement cycle for the purchase of low to non-critical goods and services to ensure that they are procured according to the time limits, cost, quality and specifications.
- Continually seek new qualified sources of goods and services by monitoring local market developments to achieve uninterrupted supply of the desired goods and services.
- Regularly evaluate suppliers’ performance to identify areas requiring improvement and suggest the same to superiors for further action.
- Analyze and evaluate offers by comparing specifications, prices, payment terms and delivery dates to effectively identify and propose award to the supplier with best bid.
- Assist superiors and end-users in developing cost according to established costing procedures to ensure that all elements of cost are taken into consideration.
- Preview product catalogue, trade journals and publications in order to maintain an updated and sufficient technical knowledge of the goods and services to be purchased.
- Establish contact with QAFCO Departments/ Sections and external suppliers throughout the procurement process to expedite procurement and follow-up status of ordered goods & services.
- Maintain data on computer-based procurement information system and on other paper-based filing system to ensure ease of retrieval of purchase documentation.
- Perform related duties as assigned by superiors to enable achievement of group’s targets and programs.
- Participate in the on-the-job training of trainees and newly hired personnel within the Section to ensure that they develop the necessary skills to independently carry out the assigned procurement activities.
- High School + 2 Years Diploma in relevant discipline
- 5 years direct and relevant experience.
- Know the main contracts and procurement (C&P) application software, databases, web-hosted services and e-commerce services (Information Technology (IT) and Information Management System (IMS) tools) available to manage and support contracts and procurement business activities.
- Understand the concept of an integrated management system (IMS).
- Have a clear understanding of Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) procedure, Annual Work Program and Budget (WP&B) procedure.
- Know the requirements for the preparation, issue and review of report relating to procurement and supply chain.
- Know how to prepare, gather and evaluate technical bid requests, select vendor or contractor based on technical evaluation and negotiate contracts. Maintain proper business relationship with vendors and contractors.
- Know how to apply the procedures, standards and work practices necessary to ensure effective material ordering and material expediting.
- Understand the rules and work practices necessary to enter, maintain and retrieve business documents in an electronic document management system (EDMS).
- Know the procedures and processes necessary to ensure effective distribution, filing and security of business documents.