This job is responsible for check the airframes and components by using Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), assist in developing the Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) of airframes and components.
High School or equivalent and any certificates/licenses issued by the aviation authorities such as Airframe and Powerplant and/or General Authority of Civil Aviation is required , total 8 years working experience and 3 years experience in the related roles
License / Certificate / training
- Apply approved policies and procedures and ensure adherence with the processes implemented so that work is carried out in a controlled manner.
- Implement the day-to-day operations assigned for the area of work to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures.
- Assist technicians in set-up/tear-down of equipment or perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks, calibrations and overall equipment and shops upkeep.
- Assist technicians in project execution and daily tasks associated with providing industrial maintenance services.
- Assist with proper documentation and reports of services provided.
- Maintain constant surveillance and immediate control of industrial radiographic equipment at all times while in use.
- Secure radiographic equipment from unauthorized removal at all times, when not tended under constant surveillance and immediate control.
- Prevent all unauthorized personnel from being within the restricted area boundaries while radiographic equipment is in use.
- Apply various methods in laboratory situations or at operations’ sites to investigate the properties of materials, objects and instruments.
Apply technical knowledge to perform simple tasks in working on equipment, following verbal or written instructions which cover all procedures
- Perform both physical and chemical inspections including fluorescent penetrant.
- Setup and perform such tests per the associated None-Destructive Testing procedures and analyse relevant data per client’s quality requirements.
- Evaluate and interpret the None-Destructive Testing results with respect to applicable codes, standards, specifications and approved company procedures.
- Maintain the None-Destructive Testing equipment and instruments in good condition.
- Test, evaluate and maintain control panels as required.
- Perform periodic verification of the calibration as per code requirements
- Estimate the None-Destructive Testing consumables required for the type of work and to prepare request to purchase the consumables.
- Comply with all relevant safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- Recognized Inspection Authorization (IA) license is required.
- Certificates/licenses issued by the aviation authorities such as Airframe and Powerplant and/or General
- Authority of Civil Aviation is required.
- Proven experience as inspector or relevant role.
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach.
- Familiarity with quality testing machines and systems.
- Thorough knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies.
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.).