Maintenance Technician – E&I
Deadline for Application
21st November 2017
To perform routine (Preventative and Corrective) and specialized maintenance of Port facility equipment under minimal supervision.To ensure compliance to appropriate internal maintenance policies and procedures as well as external regulations.To ensure effective maintenance to maximise equipment reliability and meet KPIs.To work with the rest of the team in meeting the department goals and objectives.
- Act as an effective role as a member of the team in QIP; QPS activities.
- Assist the department in ensuring that all KPIs are met.
- Maintain and monitor the operational efficiency of all equipment to ensure optimum performance and carry out remedial work under direction.
- Assist in the development and implementation of plant preventive maintenance for all equipment to ensure operational effectiveness and preserve company assets.
- Maintain and update field related equipment.
- Attend daily meetings with team technicians and supervisor and plan routine jobs and make sure the job carried out is in compliance with Qatalum standards.
- Participate in the diagnosis and repair of major equipment faults and breakdowns, compile the field data for further technical evaluations.
- Maintain a full service record of all work undertaken on the
- Assist in conduction Root Cause Analysis by interrogating the data in order to determine underlying reasons for faults.Troubleshooting equipment failure and able to resolve equipment stoppages efficiently.
- Ensuring work compliances to standards, tolerances and fits & working in accordance with sound maintenance practices on all jobs both On-Site and in Workshops; includes reading P&ID’s, Technical Literature and Equipment Manuals.
- Ensures equipment, materials and tools are on-hand for work execution. Reports resources and time utilized, job scope expansion, rework or deferred maintenance as required; also keeping all tasks & activities logged and up-dated
- Be involved in condition based equipment monitoring.
- Be part of critical equipment groups and be able to work in a cross functional team to improve equipment uptime and reliability.
- Ensuring Electrical/Instrument spare parts availability for scheduled and projected jobs inclusive of spare inventory (physical) checking and stock inspections as well as preliminary liaison with Suppliers and Vendors for proposals etc.
- Understanding of design and operation of equipment,
- Schematics and ladder logic diagrams; PLC, Calibration methods and standards
- Assist in 3rd party inspection, NDT test and calibration of equipment.
- Provide technical support to contract services staff at job site.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Technical/Trade qualification in relevant field
Minimum Experience Required
- 5 years’ experience in relevant position.
- Industrial/heavy maintenance experience would be preferred
- Experience in Man Machine Interface equipments (MMI’s)
- Experience in Fuel Gas System Equipment Maintenance.
- Experience in first line maintenance of PLC related troubles.
- Experience in Maintenance of Ship Unloader, Conveyor system, Material Handling System, Compressor, Blower, Electrical/Pneumatic Actuator, Valve, Motor, VFD, Motor Management Controller, Soft starter Maintenance.
- Troubleshooting and testing of MCC panel and sub-assemblies.
- Calibration of Instruments.
- Installation and maintenance of electrical control systems and instrumentation systems including electronics, programmable controllers, meters, transmitters, hydraulics, pneumatics and a variety of other systems.
please send your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.