Required qualifications, experience and expertise
- BSc. (3–4 year) Engineering Degree from an accredited University. (Petroleum Engineering preferred)
- IWCF certification (Supervisor Level).
- Minimum of 15 years Drilling Operations Engineering of which at least 2 years’ experience on an offshore drilling rig.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with an IOC or major NOC in a similar position.
- Skill in well design, tubular design, completions, wellbore construction, drilling fluids, well control, and a good understanding of geology.
- Fully conversant with and ability to use drilling engineering software such as: Compass; Well Plan; Stress Check and Casing Seat or similar programs.
- Proactive and high commitment to HSE with knowledge of Process safety related to drilling operations.
- Knowledge and experience of risks assessment and mitigation using HAZOP and risk register techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Energy and enthusiasm for delivering outstanding performance and going above and beyond normal expectations.
- Ability to make the correct operational decisions based on systematic analysis with rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to support and train Qatari Development staff