Required qualifications, experience and expertise:
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of work experience as Geologist. Must have undertaken field and reservoir studies and worked closely with geophysicists, petrophysicists, and reservoir engineers.
- Must have worked on mature producing fields where the integration of production data has been used to constrain their maps and interpretations.
- Must have carbonate reservoir experience and have applied carbonate sequence stratigraphy and advanced reservoir characterization concepts on previous projects.
- Must have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
- Must have experience mentoring less experienced geoscientists.
- Must have experience/knowledge of current computer software for geoscience applications.
- B.Sc. in Geology is required.
Preferable experience and expertise:
- Demonstrable experience in well log interpretation leading to successful projects.
- Exposure and knowledge of reservoir simulation modelling.
- Experience in applying structural geology concepts and methods to assess compartmentalization / communication due to faulting and fracturing.
- Previous project work with geologic modellers to incorporate maps and interpretations into 3D geologic models.
- M.Sc. or PhD degree.
- Experience in working with standard production geoscience software:
- Well Log Correlation: Petrel and R5000.
- Mapping: Petrel.
- 3D framework & Modelling: Petrel .
- Petrophysics: Geoframe, IP, Techlog, a plus.