Required qualifications, experience and expertise:
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of work experience as a petroleum engineer in the oil and gas industry with demonstrated surveillance/production engineering expertise in optimizing well production in large oil and gas fields.
- Proven experience at recommending remedial well work solutions for horizontal wells in heterogeneous oil reservoirs with variable geo-layer parameters: porosity, permeability, water saturation, thickness, etc.
- Experience with well testing and allocation of well test/production data.
- Experience with tubing & IPR modelling and Gas Lift design/troubleshooting.
- Experience with interpretation of cased hole production and diagnostic logs.
- Must have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
- Must have experience mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Must have experience/knowledge of current computer software for production engineering applications.
- B.S. degree is required in petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering.
Preferable experience and expertise:
- Experience in working in mature producing fields where finding, assimilating, and integrating data from incomplete files and variable sources can be challenging.
- Experience in working the following standard petroleum engineering software:
- Well and Reservoir Analysis Software: OFM.
- Well Inflow Performance Modelling Software: PROSPER.
- General Allocation and Production Network Software: GAP.
- Advanced PC skills; Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.