To trouble-shoot, repair, re-commission and maintain efficiently field instrumentation for gas turbines, steam turbines, waste heat boilers, and desalination plant and its auxiliaries to ensure efficient operation and reduce equipment availability down time
- Higher secondary or diploma
- Must be familiar with all maintenance tools and should have good knowledge of Plant Safety. The knowledge and experience required in the position is that gained previously experience working in a power or desalination plant and with exposure preferably to any of the maintenance and calibration of the following field instrumentation:
Pressure, temperature, level, & flow measuring devices, Pneumatic & Hydraulic valve actuation systems, CO2 Fire Protection systems,Infrared Gas Detection systems
- Working under time and technical pressure, and knowing that any mistake/error made will substantially cost the power station either on delay, equipment damage, or personnel injury.
- He can be assigned and work on shift duty. He can be called out any time to attend to breakdown work for the shift operation manager.
- He has to keep abreast with new technologies and control concepts. Working in very hot, dirty environment, and high level platforms.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and manuals.
- Must have knowledge / experience in the field of electrical, electronics, computer, hydraulic, and pneumatic devices