Experience & Skills
- Minimum 10 years varied experience in the installation, maintenance and fault finding of electronics and pneumatic instruments and control system in the petrochemical industry.
- Operates within the framework of overall maintenance programmes, determining the actual work content of corrective maintenance work requests and setting priorities for work within monthly programmes. Operates in accordance with maintenance policy and applicable technical and industry standards, referring major problems, usually non-technical to the Senior Maintenance Operation Engineer / OIS. Work is subject to review.
- Monitors the use of contractors and controls on-site DCS/Instrument work undertaken by contractors. Explains procedures at the “permit to work” stage, coordinates such work with the Corporation’s personnel within the Section, requests assistance from other trades if and when required. Monitors and manages / controls work progress.
- Personally carries out the more complex maintenance and repair activities of the section, such as checking and replacing complicated interlocks and shutdown equipment and components, replacing and / or repairing Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) replacing servers, clients, electronic modules, power supplies and electronic components. Calibrates complex instrumentation and control systems, analyses faults on electronic circuits, particularly for digital, and microprocessor-based instruments.
- Prepares job packs for those jobs that cannot be carried out in a running plant due to operational constraints. Job packs include work specifications, man-hours estimation, identification and sourcing of required material, compiling all relevant documents like permit to work, P&ID, schematic drawings, vendor drawings, plot plan etc.
- B.Sc. in a relevant Engineering with 10year experience or HND in relevant discipline with 15 year experience with an aptitude for understanding drawings, P&ID’s and cause and effects of complex microprocessor and/or pneumatic based field and package instrumentations control systems.