Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies and Implementsall safety rules and regulations.
- Enforces and ensures that all the personnel working in his assigned area follows the safety rules and regulations.
- Checks all the work permits like cold work, hot work, traffic permit, confined space entry etc, and ensures that all the safety precautions mentioned in the permit are followed.
- Handles chemicals trucks loading /unloading activities including Nitrogen and Oxygen tankers
- Carries out weekly safety walk in his area along with his seniors.
- Collects all required Personnel Protections from warehouse for self & colleagues.
- Complies and Implementsall the emergency procedures and actions to be taken during any plant emergency.
- Assists the QAPCO fire/safety crew in handling any emergency like fire, gas leak, etc., as directed by the panel operator or shift supervisor.
- Ensures proper house keeping of the plant and equipment in his assigned area. Follows up and does if required, the removal of rubbish, unwanted material, empty barrels, etc.,
- Ensures through routine checking that all the safety equipment like safety showers & eye wash, breathing apparatus, etc., are in good condition.
- Maintains RC awareness consistent with plant and corporate standards.
- Shall be well aware about the standard operating instructions of all the field activities and follow them.
- Takes over responsibilities from the previous shift field operator of the section he is assigned to. Discusses with him in detail regarding the abnormal situations in the previous shift, reviews the shift log report and takes over the radio/telecommunication apparatus. Also receives and gives information regarding any new instruction / procedure to be followed.
- Reports to the Shift Supervisor and updates the panel operator about the condition of the plant and any abnormalities of equipment as reported by the previous shift field operator.
- Carries out sampling of the chemicals, raw materials and products, gases, etc., as per the laboratory schedule. Checks the results and reports to the Shift Supervisor and the panel operator in case of any abnormality.
- Checks the work permits, follows the instructions given by the shift supervisor and releases the equipment for maintenance in a safe condition as per the standard operating instructions.
- Ensures the preparations for planned jobs for handing over to maintenance like isolation, emptying, decommissioning, checking the blind list, etc., as per the standard operating instructions.
- After completion of any maintenance work, checks the work area for proper house keeping and condition of the equipment and takes over the equipment back on operation as per the instruction from the panel operator or shift supervisor as per the standard operating instructions.
- Carries out a complete check of the unit at specified intervals. Includes touring his assigned plant area and checking for any abnormalities such as low oil levels, high temperature of bearings, gas leaks, abnormal noises etc and informing the panel operator / shift supervisor. Records information in the field log book for follow up by the succeeding shift as necessary.
- Supports the field operators working in other areas when required or when instructed to do so by shift supervisor or panel operator.
- Carries out various instructions received from the panel operator or shift supervisor during the shift. Includes such duties as changing over pumps isolating equipment, verifying measurements etc.
- Takes action in abnormal plant situations under the direction of the panel operator or shift supervisor. Includes shutting down or starting up of plant using standard operating instructions, and taking action on specific instructions received.
- For maintenance in QAPCO premises, gets the relevant QAPCO permits signed.
- Co-ordinates with the shovel loaders and monitors the unloading and shifting of the salt from/to the permanent salt storage pad to/from the temporary salt storage areas
- Safely transports the various chemicals/material required for shut down i.e hoses etc from / to warehouse to / from plant using the fork lift / pick up.
- Carries out the minor maintenance activities such as cleaning of strainers/filters, adding lubricating oils to the rotating equipment, tightening of leaking flanges, connection / disconnection of hoses, de-choking of pipelines / hoses, etc. (Support to maintenance staff).
- Participates in trouble shooting and investigation of incidents.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the maintenance activities in his assigned area.
- Shall provide on the job training to the new field operators & National trainees
- Shall participate in the reviewing of the standard operating instructions & HESQ policies and update himself of the changes if any.
Environment / Health
Shall be well aware about the environment aspects related to his assigned area.
- Shall report to the panel operator or the shift supervisor about any incident or happening affecting the environment.
- Shall perform field analysis to check the environmental pollution.
- Shall report to the Shift Supervisor about any deviation in the normal plant operation in his assigned area.
- Shall update the shift supervisor and the panel operator about the progress of field activities such as maintenance of equipment, etc.,
- Record field reading in the log sheet at regular intervals during the shift. Includes recording levels, temperatures, pressures etc so that any abnormal situations can be identified in any part of his assigned area.
- Records the shift report in the log book and explains in person about the shift status to his reliever.
Physical Efforts and Working conditions
Of the total working time, works,
- 95% in the plant
- 5% inside air-conditioned environment
- 80% walking and standing with considerable climbing
- 15% occasional use of small tools
- 5% sitting
(Slight exposure to dirt, grease, oil, noise, dust, occasionally moderate heat and cold condition)
Qualifications, minimum requirements
- Technical education from minimum High School.
- Minimum Experience: 3 years of experience from process industry, preferably from Petrochemical or Natural Gas processing industry.
- Good level in English, both verbal and written
Contacts, Relations and Environment
- Works in close contact with the panel operator regarding any ongoing job in the field.
- co-ordinates with the service department for efficient maintenance of the equipment.
- Co-ordinates with QAPCO to get the relevant permit for maintenance work in the QVC units inside QAPCO area.
- Contacts laboratory personnel for handing over of samples and for following up of the results.
- Occasional contacts with Fire & Safety in case of incidents.