- To performs routine, corrective and preventive maintenance of plant equipments, repair, lubrication and cleaning of machines and tools, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems as per the direction of Maintenance Supervisor/ Foreman.
- To use precision measuring devices such as dial indicator, feeler gauges, height gauges, micrometers, venire calipers and dial indicators to verify conformances of machine alignment & other installations.
- To operate bench grinder, drill machine and cutter as and when required. Also to operate Fork Lift truck if required and performs small welding and fabrication jobs.
- To apply mechanical craft, techniques, processes and principles and be responsible for all necessary preparation required to carry out mechanical maintenance to equipments/area assigned to him.
- Co-ordinate with other technicians all assigned maintenance and repair works, and ensures that al equipments are kept in good operating condition after repair.
- To report to his Forman for spare parts and consumables in his area to update spares availability to cope up with the maintenance requirements.
- To confirm all safety and proper isolation is carried out to repair the equipment under maintenance with coordination with his Forman and local operator.
- To apply knowledge of properties and uses of various metals such as aluminum, brass, steel, cast iron, and stainless steel as per requirement of maintenance task.
- Follow standard procedures.
- Use proper PPEs and implement prescribed risk controls.
- Report deviations in Quality, Health and safety management system.
- Report emergencies and near misses.
- Ensure proper waste disposal measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Desired: Associate’s Diploma(3 years DAE in Mechanical )
- Minimum: 3 years related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferable: 8 years of related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required Skills: 1. Generic awareness of Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environment Management system principles 2. Knowledge of identification, classification and disposal of waste 3. Knowledge of Emission Monitoring 4. Knowledge of environmental and health impact of chemicals being used in the plant 5. Knowledge of firefighting equipment 6. Knowledge of PPE and safety equipment 7. Knowledge of First aid measures 8. Be able to execute the maintenance activities with high performance. 9. Good communication skills in English Language. 10. Hazard Risk assessment 11. Aspect Impact assessment 11. Aspect Impact assessment .
- Desired certification / Job specific skill / Training: ISO9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001 awareness/working knowledge is preferred.