Main Task & Duties:
- Align, fit, and assemble component parts, using available hand tools, power tools, fixtures, and templates.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, parts and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Repair, rework, and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Test performance of electrical and electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, and bridges.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining of documents, records and information in written or electronic/magnetic form
Should have a good working knowledge on PLC’s, electromechanical, electro-pneumatic and hydraulic operation principles, electronic equipment, computer hardware and software, including applications and programming, test equipment and procedures, and electrical codes.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelors of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
2. Two to Three year relevant work experience in the plastics extrusion operations.
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.