Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Responsible for control room panel operation through Distributed Control System of assigned Product Treatment Units, LPG Merox (Unit 43), Gasoline Merox Unit (Unit 42), Catpoly (Unit 44), Heavy Naphtha Hydrotreater (Unit 45) and LCO Hydrotreater (Unit 46) during normal operation, start-up, shutdown and emergency situations.
- Operates and manages process parameters of number of units at the same time.
- Takes fast and accurate actions to keep the units under optimum conditions minimizing wastage of hydrocarbon through slopping and flaring.
- He is a central contact point and all communications to the field is made through him.
- Panel operator’s role is extremely critical during emergencies (like leak / fire) whereby all announcements / information is passed by him through the radio.
- Higher Secondary certificate or equivalent.
Experience & Skills:
- 7 years of operations experience in relevant units of Refinery.
- 2 years technical training or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of basic arithmetic. Solid knowledge of DCS / Panel Operations.
- High level of concentration, anticipation, surveillance/ vigilance and analysis skills.
- Fire fighting/ First Aid/ BA/H2S training.
- Good oral and reading knowledge of English.