Alba has considerable power generation, transmission and distribution assets including over 3,600 MW installed generation capacity with substantial 220kV / 132kV / 33kV GIS Switch Houses and numerous HV substations. A dedicated new position of Safety Rules Senior Operations Engineer, reporting to the Director Power& Utilities, has been created to ensure the disciplined application of the Power Group Safety Rules.
- As a minimum the candidate requires to hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering along with at least 10 years’experience in a seniorposition in the field of power generation, transmission and/ordistribution.
- In addition the candidate should have a very good practical knowledge of the UK style Safety Rules related to the power sector.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the Power Group Safety Rules
- Monitoring of the daily use of the Power Group Safety Rules across all power & utilities systems
- Regular audits of the use of the Safety Rules across all power departments
- Training of all Power Group personnel in the Safety Rules, including preparation for authorization of all levels of Competent Persons
- Training where necessary of all non-Power Group personnel requiring authorization
- Administration of all Power Safety Rules records including applications, Safety Rules documents and authorization status
- Regular review of the Power Group Safety Rules, including associated procedures and Standing Instructions, proposing improvements as necessary
- Regular review of all equipment associated with management of the Safety Rules including Permit offices, isolation equipment, notices, etc.
- Assist in the preparation for and overview of execution of large equipment outages and improvement projects
if you meet with the above requirements and interested to join with ALBA, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org