Alba has considerable power generation, transmission and distribution assets including over 3,600 MW installed generation capacity with substantial 220kV / 132kV / 33kV GIS Switch Houses and numerous HV substations. A new position of Senior Operations Switching Engineer has been created to lead a dedicated HV Switching team.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering along with at least 10 years’ experience in a senior position in the field of power Transmission and Distribution that involves hands-on experience in the electrical switching, isolating and deisolating of electrical equipment in the varying voltage levels of the transmissions and distribution networks.
- Experience with Fuji/Siemens/ABB GIS will be an advantage.
- Manage the HV/LV switching team in the Power Group
- Operational Risk Review of any necessary switching activities across Alba’s transmission and distribution systems
- Liaison with Power Operations for all switching activities
- Coordination with other Alba operations groups to avoid any downstream operational issues as a result of switching
- Isolate / Deisolate HV & LV equipment and issuance / clearance of the work permits
- Preparation, and then verification of all Switching Instructions
- Liaise with Shift personnel for support during switching activities
- Review of all HV and LV Standing Instructions
- Training of all relevant Power Group personnel in HV and LV Switching procedures, including preparation for authorizations
- Administration of all HV & LV Switching records, MS/RA documents, etc.
- Regular review of the Switching SOP’s, proposing improvements as necessary
- Regular inspections of all switch houses and substations to ensure compliance with standards
- Assist in the preparation for and overview of execution of large equipment outages and improvement projects
if you meet with the above requirements and interested to join with ALBA, please send your updated CV to email@example.com