Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with Minimum 10 years’ experience in steel plant maintenance, ability to read drawings and manuals, communication skills, leadership skills, SAP knowledge, computer literate.
- Responsible for all Electrical & Mechanical Shift activities of all equipment in the shift cycle, to keep production ongoing smoothly.
- Immediate and priority response to any Electrical and Mechanical maintenance needs of all equipment and its Ancillary equipment.
- To seek the assistance of Specialists during major breakdowns and to assist whenever needed.
- Ensures that Shift personnel adhere to JESCO safety policies, practices and procedures applicable to Electrical & Mechanical operations, and “Permits to Work”/” Energy Free Lockout”.
- Is authorized to issue / arrange the spare parts required during the Shift maintenance work by following the procedure made by warehouse.
- Assigns work to his subordinates on a daily shift basis and monitors their progress throughout the shift.
- To keep daily contacts with Shift Superintendent and submit daily manpower & breakdown reports, joint review of log book and discuss work priorities & manpower allocation. Update Shift SI on work-in-progress and to discuss any additional work assignments.
- The major decision-making areas for the job holder are associated with matching and allocating personnel based on work priorities; and trouble shooting and taking corrective action in emergency maintenance situations.
- He would advise and consult with Shift SI on any significant safety or environment event.
- Maintains close daily contacts with Operation personnel, General Shift Electrical / Mechanical / Auxiliary Maintenance regarding the co-ordination of work, and the Maintenance Planners regarding planned maintenance activity and weekly Preventive Maintenance schedules.
- Prepare the monthly breakdown report and suggest preventive & corrective actions.
- Good knowledge to use SAP system.